Evening Picture Editor
WENN is a leading global entertainment news and photo agency headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Los Angeles and Berlin.
We are in search of a full-time Picture Editor who will be based in our London office (with the option to work remotely should you wish) to cover our evening shifts. The ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge of celebrity and current news events and will possess previous photo-editing experience within an agency or for a publication.
- Processing incoming images from our worldwide photographers
- Use insightful judgment to identify and edit the most impactful photographs ensuring that relevant aspects of a story are covered
- Create and edit image captions in good written English
- Editing images in Photoshop to ensure images are perfect before delivery
- Managing workflow to ensure pictures and videos are delivered to clients quickly
- Maintain full awareness and interest in global entertainment and celebrity events, news, trends, and celebrities
- Dealing with incoming client/agent requests and managing our email inbox
- Maintain full understanding of the global client base, expected deadlines and image preferences
- Reporting to Picture Desk Manager and Sales Team
Essential Skills & Requirements
This position would suit someone relatively new to the photo industry who is looking to gain experience and undertake a challenging position.
- 2+ years experience with image editing tools (enhancement of digital image files, color-correction, contrast adjustment, sharpening, cropping)
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and imminent deadlines
- Proficient at creating and editing captions and keywords
- A good working knowledge of celebrities and current news topics
- A polite, friendly and confident manner is essential
- An ability to work on their own as for part of their shift the candidate will be the sole editor on duty
- Excellent communication skills and written English
- An ability to problem solve and take control when unexpected issues arise
- Excellent communicator, decisive and deadline-driven
- Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings and weekend shift work
Please note this is a full-time evening position from Sunday to Thursday. You may be asked to cover other shifts on occasion due to sickness/annual leave.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. **NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE**